We are hiring - Jr. Menswear Designer
As a Junior Menswear designer for Holzweiler you will work closely together with our ambitious and dedicated Design and Production Team. With passionate commitment the team develops and produces our Holzweiler collections that we take great pride in.
As a Junior designer you will hold a key role and work across our menswear collection, alongside with our Head of Menswear and report to him. You will have responsible for your categories, product development process, which contains everything from technical drawing till final product.
The work environment at Holzweiler is fast-paced and energetic; no day is the same. You will be based at Holzweiler Head office, but you will also have commitments that require travelling on a regular basis.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
· Research and development, in conjunction with design team, of seasonal / commercial / design concepts / directions / fabrics / colours and the creation of mood boards and presentation are in line with Holzweiler DNA.
· Responsible for design of categories and the ongoing management of the design process to final approval and production of samples, ensuring to follow time schedule.
· These tasks are not limited to Holzweiler own collections, but also include other projects.
· Responsible for maintaining a consistent and commercial look within the menswear category but also to push new innovations within key categories.
· Ensure Design, product and pattern have all the same information related to sketches and measurement chart.
· Presentation of categories and developments as required.
· Responsible for comments on prototypes and SMS with production team.
· Working with Product Managers and Head of Menswear to meet the design and costing requirements as detailed in the menswear commercial point.
· Working with the Fabric developer and related partners on the sourcing of fabrics, trims and components.
· Travel to supplier(s) to discuss corrections prototypes, lead terms for SMS, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
· Academic degree from Fashion School or Textile Education
· 2-3 years’ experience in menswear design from the fashion industry
- Strong understanding of Holzweiler brand identity and ethical values
· Experience of working close to international factories
· The ability to take initiative and to prioritize work tasks
· Experience or knowledge of CAD, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
· Technical and drawing skill
· Outstanding communication skills in written and spoken English, additional language skills is a merit
- Team player and excellent organization with an ability to work on multiple projects and seasons simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· An action oriented attitude with a proactive approach to problem solving and decision making
For more information or application please send to email@example.com